The Poetry Center at Passaic County Community College is calling on local poets to submit unpublished writings for the 2015 Allen Ginsberg Poetry Awards. Deadline for entry is April 1.
Entreats are allowed up to five poem submissions. Entry fee is $18 which will cover subscription to the “Paterson Literary Review.”
First place prize winner will receive $1,000, second place $200, and third place $100. The winning poems along with honorable mention poems and editor choice poems will be published in the literary review.
Contest rules are as follows:
1. Up to five poems per person will be accepted for consideration. Four copies of each poem should be submitted for distribution to the judges. No poem should be more than two manuscript pages. Since the poems will be judged anonymously, sheets which contain the poems should not have the poet’s name on them; instead a separate sheet should list the poet’s name, mailing address, phone number, email address and the titles of the poems. Poems cannot be returned. Please do not submit poems that imitate Allen Ginsberg’s work.
2. A check for $18.00 payable to PCCC must accompany submission (in the memo section of the check write “Poetry Contest”). Please note there is a $55 “bounced check” fee for checks that are returned for insufficient funds.
3. Only unpublished poems may be submitted to the contest.
4. Deadline: April 1, 2015 (postmark).
5. Winners will be announced upon receiving the judges’ results in Summer 2015.
6. Contest entrants are asked not to call the college in reference to the contest. Winners will be notified by mail.
Names of winners will appear in newspaper announcements and on the poetry center’s website.
Send poems to:
Maria Mazziotti Gillan, Executive Director
The Poetry Center
Passaic County Community College
One College Boulevard
Paterson, NJ 07505-1179
For more information information contact the Poetry Center at (973) 684-6555 or visit www.pccc.edu/poetry