The city’s school district has opened up summer registration for new residents.
Parents with school age children, who have recently moved to the city, are being asked to register their kids for school year 2015-16.
The district’s central registration office, located at 90 Delaware Avenue, will be fully staffed and open during July and August to assist new residents in registering students from pre-kindergarten through 12th grade.
New city residents must register at the district’s central office and not at neighborhood schools. The district is urging parents to register during the summer and not delay until September to avoid missed school days when schools re-open in September.
Day time registration
|From 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the district’s central office in 90 Delaware Avenue.||Evening registration will be open beginning August 18th, 2015 from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. by appointment only.|
Appointments can be made by calling (973) 321-2501. Parents must bring the student with them during the registration.
The following documents are needed during registration:
- Proof of Paterson address: (2) documents required (PSE&G bill, phone bill, cable bill, notarized lease agreement, house deed, landlord notarized statement of residency, driver’s license or car registration, recent credit card bill, and/or recent bank statement)
- Child’s immunization record
- Child’s original birth certificate
- District approved physical examination form
- Transcripts, if applicable (High School Students)
- Out of state and/or city transfer documentation required.
The district will be closed on September 7th, 2015.