Superintendent Eileen Shafer is hosting a series of community forums focused on the return of local control of the school district.
Forums will be hosted in each of the city’s six political wards from May 30 to Jun. 13, 2018. Shafer will provide an update on transition to local control to the community.
Residents will be able to provide their input on the district’s two-year transition plan. They’ll learn about new formula used to identify students for summer school and hear about the proposed report card for K-2 grades.
Forums are scheduled from 6 to 8 p.m. at neighborhood schools.
List of scheduled forums:
- Wednesday, May 30. 4th Ward. School 6 at 137 Carroll Street.
- Thursday, May 31. 6th Ward. School 25 at 287 Trenton Avenue.
- Tuesday, Jun. 5. 5th Ward. Eastside High School at 125 Park Avenue.
- Monday, Jun. 11. 3rd Ward. School 26 at 1 East 32nd Street.
- Tuesday, Jun. 12. 2nd Ward. John F. Kennedy High School at 61 Preakness Avenue.
- Wednesday, Jun. 13. 1st Ward. School 28 at 200 Presidential Boulevard.
For more information about the forums contact the school district at 973-321-0884.