Mayor Andre Sayegh is inviting residents to two town hall forums to introduce members of his administration to the community next week.
His team will provide an overview of the administration’s goals for the next four years.
“Similar to the meetings my transition team hosted, I invite all residents of Paterson to come out and meet my team at one of three locations throughout the city,” said Sayegh in announcing the town hall meetings on Tuesday afternoon. “I want to share my vision for improving the lives of all Patersonians and hear suggestions on how I can help make your neighborhood a better place to live, work, and raise your children.”
The meetings will run from 6 to 7:30 p.m. on the following days and locations:
- Wednesday, July 25 at the Great Falls Youth Center (52 Front Street)
- Thursday, July 26 at School 25 (287 Trenton Avenue)
Some members of his administration will attend both meetings while others will attend one. Residents can expect to meet:
- Business Administrator Vaughn McKoy
- Corporation Counsel Khalifah Shabazz
- Chief of Staff Kathleen Long
- Public Safety Director Jerry Speziale
- Health and Human Services Director Paul Persaud
- Constituent Services Officer Javier Fernandez
- Community Development Director Ruben Gomez (Wednesday 7/25)
- Economic Development Director Mike Powell (Wednesday 7/25)
- Public Works Director William Rodriguez (just Monday 7/23)
- Finance Director Marge Cherone (just Thursday 7/26).
Sayegh’s administration had scheduled three meetings, but on Wednesday morning said the mayor will host the meetings on Wednesday and Thursday due to a scheduling conflict.
Wednesday’s forum was scheduled for the Danforth Memorial Library, but a dysfunctional elevator led to the venue being changed to the Great Falls Youth Center.
This report was updated on Jul. 23, 2018 at 9:12 a.m. [J]