Readers can alert the Paterson Times of any errors in any of our news articles. We are committed to accurate reporting and will promptly and prominently correct mistakes and errors that appear on any and all news reports.
To report a mistake or an error send an email to email@example.com or send a text message to (862) 239-4441.
- Correction (4/15/2017): A previous version of this report — Paterson police officer fires at suspect with gun on Fulton Place – erroneously used Fulton Place and Fulton Street interchangeably. The shooting occurred on Fulton Place not Fulton Street.
- Correction (4/22/2017): A previous version of this report – 1 killed, 2 wounded in separate overnight Paterson shootings — stated the deceased victim’s age was 29. His age was 19.
- Correction (June 1st, 2017): A previous version of this report — Paterson schools superintendent Donnie Evans announces retirement — erroneously stated Evans lived in the Riverside section when in fact he resides in the Eastside neighborhood.
- Correction (June 6th, 2017): A previous version of this report – School 26 in Paterson gets a new playground – erroneously stated the district contributed $1,100 when in fact it contributed $11,000 for site prep.
- Correction (6/9/2017): A previous version of this report — Passaic County Tech parents protest Paterson district’s busing cuts — misattributed a quote to a parent — Cathleen Hames — when the utterance was made by another parent — Kathy Muhammad.
- Correction (July 10th, 2017): A previous version of this report – After forming exploratory committee, ex-Paterson public safety director Glenn Brown announces run for mayor — erroneously stated the announcement was at the Masonic Lodge on Broadway when in fact it was at the Elks Lodge on Ellison Street.
- Correction (Aug. 2, 2017): A previous version of this report – Aspiring chefs of Eva’s Village Culinary School show off cooking skills — erroneously stated the school has a 95-percent placement rate when in fact the placement rate is 92-percent.
- Correction (Aug. 20, 2017): A previous version of this report — Advocacy group opposes new charter schools in Paterson — erroneously stated the school board approved a resolution calling for a moratorium on new charter schools. The city council passed such a resolution, the school board did not.
- Correction (Aug. 22, 2017): A previous version of this report – New York chemical manufacturer gets $4.78 million state tax breaks for Paterson relocation – erroneously stated the firm would finish renovating the Paterson facility by Feb. 1, 2017 when in fact it will finish on Feb. 1, 2018.
- Correction (Aug. 29, 2017): A previous version of this report – Halls of fame will help keep Great Falls visitors in Paterson, say advocates — misspelled the last name of Michelle Vargas. This has been corrected.
- Correction (Sept. 9, 2017): A previous version of this story — Search committee formed for Paterson’s next schools superintendent — misspelled the last name of the union rep. on the committee. Her last name is Alburg.
- Correction (Sept. 20, 2017): A previous version of this report –Paterson council votes down plan to acquire Ryle Avenue properties for new Great Falls entrance – erroneously stated the vote was 5-3 when in fact it was 5-2.
- Correction (Oct. 6, 2017): A previous version of this report — Paterson’s new dog park named after longtime animal control officer John DeCando — erroneously stated the animal control officer’s last name was “DeCondo” when in fact it is “DeCando.”
- A previous version of this report – School board member Mimms kicks off campaign for at-large Paterson council seat — misidentified the gospel song as that of William Murphy’s “Already Getting Better” when in fact it was Hezekiah Walker’s “Better.”