Market Street storefront damaged in fire | Paterson Times Paterson Times

Market Street storefront damaged in fire

By P.T.
Published: May 3, 2013

market_st_building_fire

An empty storefront building located in the corner of Clark Street and Market Street caught on fire yesterday afternoon, leaving the owner to speculate that a passerby tossed in a half-lit cigarette butt that caused the fire to spark.

Fire at the Downtown Paterson building began burning at 2pm on Thursday; about the same time, after receiving a call from a resident, the Paterson Fire Department responded, and put out the flames.

The vandalized, graffiti ridden building was slightly damaged on the outside; however, there is likely more internal damage than external. The fire probably did less damage to the building than neglect practiced by its owner.

No one was injured during the fire.


Copyright © 2012-2021 Paterson Times all rights reserved.