Second suspect charged for allegedly firing shots that wounded 7-year-old Paterson boy | Paterson Times Paterson Times

Second suspect charged for allegedly firing shots that wounded 7-year-old Paterson boy

By Jayed Rahman
Published: September 6, 2016

paterson_police

28-year-old city resident Nicholas Lawhorn wanted for allegedly firing shots that wounded a 7-year-old boy inside his home has been charged with endangering the welfare of a child and weapons offenses after the New York City Police Department arrested Lawhorn for shoplifting in Manhattan, said police director Jerry Speziale on Tuesday morning.

Police said he was also charged with aggravated assault and certain persons not to have weapons. He was captured in New York on Thursday, said the director. The Passaic County Prosecutor’s Office is working with authorities in New York to extradite Lawhorn to New Jersey.

Lawhorn is the second person charged for the shooting of the 7-year-old boy on February 29th, 2016. “The boy had been in the living room area of his residence when shots were fired down the street during an altercation between two groups. A stray bullet penetrated a window and struck the youngster while he was inside the home with other family members,” said Speziale.

Police arrested city resident Justin Pope, 29, in April on attempted murder and weapons offenses, said police at the time.

Pope and Lawhorn were identified as actors in the shooting that left the boy with a gunshot wound in the shoulder inside his home on Rosa Parks Boulevard and Franklin Street.

Ceasefire Unit detective Michael Quinones and Passaic County Prosecutor’s Office detective Michael Boone identified the suspects after a prolonged investigation, said police.


Copyright © 2012-2021 Paterson Times all rights reserved.