Paterson boy and girl arrested for threat to ‘shoot-up’ two schools | Paterson Times Paterson Times

Paterson boy and girl arrested for threat to ‘shoot-up’ two schools

By Jayed Rahman
Published: March 29, 2017

new-roberto-clemente-school

A 14-year-old girl and a 15-year-old boy were arrested on Tuesday for making threats to “shoot-up” two schools, according to police.

Police said the pair was in the early stages of planning attacks at Eastside High School and the New Roberto Clemente School similar to the horrific shootings at Columbine High School and the Sandy Hook Elementary School.

Both schools are less than four blocks from each other.

The two Eastside High School students discussed their history of being bullied and harassed by former students, according to the Passaic County Prosecutor’s Office.

Authorities said the two young people had been fascinated with previous school shootings and conducted internet searches for information on the Columbine and Sandy Hook School shootings.

Police said the two also wanted to do harm to a teacher.

When the school discovered the threats, a school resource officer identified and secured both students.

Police did not find any weapons at the homes of the two students. School administrators received information about the two students’ planning of attacks at the two schools which prompted police investigation.

Police have notified the school teacher the pair planned to target. Police director Jerry Speziale said extra patrols have been assigned to the area around the schools as a precautionary measure.

Detectives continue to investigate the situation, said police. Anyone with information is asked to call detectives Quaema McElveen and Charlie Garcia at (973) 321-1126.


Copyright © 2012-2020 Paterson Times all rights reserved.