An early morning fire claimed the life of one and left another hospitalized on Grand Street, according to Paterson Fire Department.
The fire started at 8 a.m. in a second floor bedroom of 356 Grand Street. One of the occupant, who was living in the home’s 3rd floor, jumped onto the roof to save himself, but the roof gave way, and he fell through it, landing inside the bathroom of a bar located on the first floor of the same building.
Fire fighters responding to the scene found the man dead in the bathroom.
Another individual, who also attempted to escape the blaze, has been hospitalized, and is being treated at St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center. The blaze was put out within 30 minutes.