Applications are being accepted for two $2,500 scholarship being awarded by the First Seventh-day Adventists Church.
The church will give out a total of $5,000 in scholarship money to eligible city high school or GED student. Eligibility requirement is as follows:
Eligible applicants for the scholarship must be a:
• a resident of the City of Paterson and a non-member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
• a graduating high school senior, or a GED graduate student in good standing at the time of their application
• a registered student at a trade school, community college, or a four year institution
• an active participant in community service related activities
• a registered full or part-time student effective fall of 2015.
Successful student will have to demonstrate minimum grade-point-average of 3.0 or higher based on a 4.0 standard scale, exhibit involvement in the community, and show leadership abilities or civil involvements.
Request an application from the church’s website at: http://www.patersonsda.org/scholarship.
Deadline to apply is July 4.