The city council approved the second phase of mayor Jose “Joey” Torres’ $37 million road resurfacing project on Tuesday night.
Council members awarded a $4.2 million contract to Wharton-based Rockborn Trucking & Excavation Inc. to resurface 23 road segments in 1st, 2nd, and 4th Wards.
So far 39 road segments have been resurfaced under Torres’ road repair project. The first phase though has yet to be complete. There were 48 road segments in phase one of which 39 have been completed.
9 road segments remain to be completed in phase one. 8 roads remain uncompleted pending PSEG gas main repair. East 23rd Street was removed pending sewer repair, according to documents provided to council members.
In phase two the city will resurface the following road segments:
1. Broadway from West Broadway/Main Street to Memorial Drive/Paterson Street
2. Broadway from West Broadway/Main Street to Memorial Drive/Curtis Place
3. Cianci Street from Ward Street/Oliver Street to Passaic Street
4. Main Street from Presidential Boulevard to Broadway
5. Van Houten Street from Memorial Drive to Railroad Crossing
6. Van Houten Street from Railroad Crossing to Straight Street
7. Crosby Avenue from Preakness Avenue to Cumberland Avenue
8. 11th Avenue from Madison Avenue to East 28th Street
9. 12th Avenue from Madison Avenue to East 28th Street
10. 12th Avenue from East 18th Street to Madison Avenue
11. East 5th Street from 6th Avenue to Rye Street
12. East 19th Street from 7th Avenue to 12th Avenue
13. East 22nd Street from 7th Avenue to 9th Avenue
14. East 22nd Street from 9th Avenue to 10th Avenue
15. East 23rd Street from 9th Avenue to 10th Avenue
16. East 24th Street from 9th Avenue to 14th Avenue
17. East 25th Street from 9th Avenue to 14th Avenue
18. East 26th Street from 9th Avenue to 14th Avenue
19. East 27th Street from 9th Avenue to 15th Avenue
20. Ellison Street from East 18th Street to Madison Avenue
21. Highland Street from Lyon Street to May Street
22. Van Blarcom Street from Lyon Street to Sassafras Street
23. Rosa Parks Boulevard from Lyon Street to Lafayette Street.
Email: [email protected]