The city awarded $816,250 worth of legal contracts to a dozen laws firms. The largest contract of $100,000 was awarded to Newark-based Law Offices of Steven Glickman to handle labor matters, according to the city.
Other firms to receive contracts were:
- $75,000 to handle federal cases to Fairfield-based Dwyer Connell & Lisbona
- $75,000 to Toms River-based Gilmore and Monahan for federal cases
- $60,000 to Archer & Greiner of Hackensack for bond related matters
- $56,250 for labor counsel to Newark-based Adams Gutierrez & Lattiboudere
- $56,250 for tax appeals to Saponaro & Sitzler of Mount Holly
- $56,250 for tax appeals to Hoboken-based Florio & Kinney
- $56,250 for workers compensation cases to Scarinci Hollenbeck of Lyndhurst
- $56,250 to Wayne-based Buglione, Hutton & DeYoe
- $56,250 to serve as conflict counsel to Lite DePalma Greenberg of Newark
- $56,250 to Paterson-based Sciro & Marotta to serve as conflict counsel
- $56,250 to Grieco & DeFilippo of West Orange for conflict counsel
- $56,250 to Goldenberg, Mackler, Sayegh, Mintz, Pfeffer, Bonchi & Gill of Northfield for special counsel for tax related cases
Council members approved the contracts last Tuesday night.