Acting superintendent Eileen Shafer is taking her education plan to neighborhood residents through six community forums.
Shafer will share her “Go-Forward” strategies to improve student achievement in the district. She is hosting forums in each of the city’s six wards.
Attendees will be allowed to ask questions and share their concerns at the forums.
The first forum is scheduled for Monday. Below is a list of the forums with date, time, and location.
- Monday, Oct. 2, 2017 – 1st Ward forum at Frank Napier Academy (55 Clinton Street)
- Tuesday, Oct. 3, 2017 – 2nd Ward forum at JFK High School (61 Preakness Avenue)
- Thursday, Oct. 5, 2017 – 3rd Ward forum at School 26 (1 East 32nd Street)
- Wednesday, Oct. 11, 2017 – 4th Ward forum at School 21 (322 10th Avenue)
- Thursday, Oct. 12, 2017 – 5th Ward forum at MLK School (851 East 28th Street)
- Monday, Oct. 16, 2017 – 6th Ward forum at School 25 (287 Trenton Avenue).
All forums run from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Translators will be available at the forums. For more information about the forums contact 973-321-0884.