Municipal officials earmarked $2.27 million in federal grant funds for park improvements, afterschool programs, and other initiatives spearheaded by local organizations.
Officials set aside $189,500 for improvements at the Anthony Lucas Park on 5th Avenue. $334,433 for renovation of Lou Costello Memorial Park. And $295,000 for repairs to the Bauerle Field House close to the Roberto Clemente Park.
Municipal officials also earmarked funding for two new afterschool programs. $60,000 for the New Jersey Community Development Corporation’s afterschool youth program and $107,659 for Oasis’ afterschool program for low-income youth.
Below are a list of other programs receiving U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds:
- $50,000 Neighborhood Assistance Office – New Bridge 2
- $45,000 NJ Association on Correction Passaic County Women Center to provide services to abused women
- $20,000 Grandparent Relatives Care Senior Community Resource Center
- $50,000 Eva’s Village – Mental Health Services
- $25,000 Paterson Housing Authority Pre-Purchase Housing Counseling
- $60,000 NJCDC: Great Falls Junior Youth Build Program – Neighborhood Clean-Up Program
- $45,000 C-Line Counseling Services Center: Substance Abuse Services
- $50,000 Paterson Community Health Center – Mental Health Services
- $25,000 JumpStart Community Recreation Program – Afterschool and Performing Art Program
- $60,000 Catholic Family & Community Services – Senior Activities for low-income residents
- $60,000 Boys & Girls Club Academy for Success Afterschool program
- $107,659 Paterson Fire Department Demolition equipment yearly lease payment
- $275,000 Paterson Homeowner Rehabilitation program
- $10,802 Greater Bergen Community — Eastside Head Start Playground improvements
- $455,558 Community Development Department administration expenses.
Email: [email protected]