Municipal officials awarded an almost $1.4 million contract to resurface portions of ten roadways.
Bloomfield-based J. A. Alexander Inc. was awarded the $1,388,631 contract last Tuesday. Nine companies submitted bids for the work. The company was the “lowest responsible bidder,” according to city records.
The contractor has to reach “substantial completion” in 120 days and finish all work in 150 calendar days.
List of roads to be resurfaced:
- Paxton Street from Bloomfield to Genesee Avenue
- East 42nd Street from north dead end to 20th Avenue
- Lyon Street from Rosa Parks Boulevard to East 16th Street
- Webster Avenue from northwest dead end to southwest dead end
- 19th Avenue from Market to East 27th Street
- East 22nd Street from 2nd Avenue to 3rd Avenue
- Putnam Street from River Street to dead end
- North 1st Street from East Main Street to dead end
- Hillman Street from East Main Street to dead end
- Bergen Street from East Main Street to dead end
- East 31st Street from School 26 to Broadway (Optional).
Email: [email protected]