Almost all Shrimp Scampi recipes involve some type of wine this makes it not kid friendly. We’ll show you how to make a modified Shrimp scampi recipe the entire family can enjoy.
2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
3 tablespoons olive oil or unsalted butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
¼ cups lemon juice, freshly squeezed
¼ teaspoon Cayenne pepper, powder
2 teaspoons coriander or parsley, finely chopped
Salt to taste
1. Wash and dry the shrimps with a paper towel.
2. Season the shrimps with salt and cayenne pepper.
3. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat.
4. Add olive oil or butter to the pan.
5. Add the shrimps to the pan and cook one side for one minute.
6. Add garlic and cook shrimp for another minute without moving them.
7. Now turn them over and cook for two minutes.
8. Move the shrimps to a bowl.
9. Return to the frying pan and add the lemon juice. Heat for 30 seconds, while scraping the garlic from the pan.
10. Pour the lemon juice over the shrimps.
11. Garnish with coriander or parsley and serve.