In a weekend crime suppression operation that ran from Friday to Saturday city police arrested eight people, issued 60 ordinance violations, handed five motor vehicle citations, and recovered two guns, said police director Jerry Speziale.
Police arrested city residents:
• Jaques Franklin, 22. Franklin was found in possession of a firearm, .32 caliber revolver.
• Taheem Wimberly, 30; charged with marijuana possession.
• Octavia Johnson, 20; charged with having a taser gun.
• Quadier Alston, 24; charged with various drug offenses and was found with a 9mm semi-automatic handgun.
• Craig Hill, 24; charged with various drug offenses.
• A Passaic City man Justin Colon, 25, of Passaic was also arrested with 340 glassines of heroin, according to the director.
• A female and a male suspect were also arrested during the weekend operation.
Police recovered 364 glassines of heroin, 27 bags of marijuana, 10 bags of crack-cocaine, and two MDMA pills, during the two-day operation.
The director said the ordinance violations were issued mostly for obstruction of public passage, obstruction of commercial establishment, and public drinking in 22 high crime locations in the city.
“We will continue to enforce quality-of-life issues in our effort to reduce crime,” remarked Speziale.